Donate to MNSOC
Support MNSOC With Your Donation
MNSOC Events Calendar
- Make It SewStarts: 6:30 pmEnds: April 24, 2014 - 9:00 pmLocation: Event Horizon - 1121 Jackson Street NE, Ste 106, Minneapolis, MN 55413Description: A chance for the various sewing people and organizations in the Twin Cities to come together and get their sewing groove on. Sponsored by Crafty Geek and Minnesota Society of Costumers
- Sewing Workshop with Elizabeth Stewart ClarkStarts: 12:00 amEnds: April 28, 2014 - 12:00 amLocation: Living History Society of MinnesotaDescription: This spring, The Living History Society of Minnesota will be hosting a sewing workshop series with Elizabeth Stewart Clark of The Sewing Academy. The dates of the series are April 25 - 27, 2014. Mrs. Clark is a noted expert in clothing of the mid-19th century who has presented to organizations and historic sites nationwide. This is an extraordinarily valuable experience for anyone interested in historical sewing and dressmaking – students travel from across the country to attend workshops put on by Mrs. Clark, and we will have her right here in Minnesota!
The main focus of the workshop series is women’s clothing of the 1850s and 1860s, though there will be some workshops on historical textiles, historical interpretation, research skills, and more. The workshops are offered a la carte, so attendees can pick and choose the workshops they attend, or they can attend the whole series. Each workshop includes materials and handouts so that each attendee goes away with the tools needed to create first-rate historical garments. Mrs. Clark is noted for her ability to tailor her instruction to students of all levels, and sewers from beginner to expert are encouraged to attend. Historic site docents, living historians, historical costumers, and historic clothing enthusiasts will all find something of interest and value.
The sites for the workshops are located in St. Paul. Registration will be open within the next couple weeks and closes in late March. Space is quite limited, so we recommend that those interested register early. Registration materials and further information can be found on Elizabeth Stewart Clark’s website, http://www.thesewingacademy.com (registration can be found under the workshops tab).
- MNSOC Monthly Board MeetingStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: May 7, 2014 - 8:30 pmLocation: Hennepin County Library, York Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN, United StatesDescription: The meeting will be held in the Conference Room. All paid members are invited to attend.
- Make It SewStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: May 10, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Event Horizon - 1121 Jackson St NE, Ste 106 - Minnepolis, MN 55413Description: A chance for the various sewing people and organizations in the Twin Cities to come together and get their sewing groove on. Sponsored by Crafty Geek and Minnesota Society of Costumers
- Steampunk Series Post 2: Oppan Steampunk Style – Heeeey, sexy corset! (0) by Ryn Cording I shouldn’t be allowed near the internet when I have a big project or event in the near future. In fact, I shouldn’t be […] 1 year ago
- Steampunk Series Part 1: But I Have Nothing to Wear! (2) by, Erin Schneider Almost everything I am wearing was thrifted. You might have noticed us advertising lately for a little event we call “A […] 1 year ago
- Costume Hoarding: Buried Alive by Sparkly Things (4) by Erin Elizabeth The First Costume. Kind of like Patient Zero. Once upon a time… well, about 6-7 years ago, my best friend Laura Ulak […] 1 year ago
- May The Force of Costuming Be With You (1) by, Laura Ulak My nephew Dexter is a Jedi. Born this year on May the 4th, he kind of became one by default. (May the fourth be with […] 1 year ago