MNSOC Classes – Tricorn Workshop (Now With More Flickr)
by Jason Downing
On April 15th, MNSOC ran a Tricorn Workshop taught by the wonderful and talented Carol Strand. While the turnout for this class wasn’t as large as Carol’s previous Tiny Hat class, a good time was had by all who attended and there were some excellent results from first-time hat makers! Your fearless Treasurer (that’s me!) was in attendance for photo taking and what appears to be his new penchant, entertaining the class with high-quality multimedia presentations. By which of course I mean that I played some grainy YouTube videos on my iPhone that amused everyone quite a bit. Even a pirate-y song!
But enough about my hijinks – on to the tricorn and potatoes. Here are a couple samples of the pictures from the class:
It was amazing – in the moment that the shutter fired, the world turned a lovely shade of sepia!
The classy ladies of the tricorn workshop!
There’s more, too! Eighteen more, in fact, over at the MNSOC Flickr feed. Did you all know we had a Flickr feed? I bet you didn’t! Photos from classes and other events will generally be posted there within a week or so of the event. Key word, “generally” – I’m about four days late on this one. You may lash me with a wet noodle for my horrible transgressions at your convenience.
To go straight to the Tricorn workshop set, click here.
We’ll be finalizing our class schedule for the latter half of 2012 soon and hope to see both members and non-members alike! Remember that MNSOC members receive discounted registration for all classes. You ARE a member, aren’t you? Aren’t you? No? Then go here to see all the reasons that you should be!
- Steampunk Series Part 1: But I Have Nothing to Wear!
- Halloween: A Day of Rest
- [Costume] Stores, Huh, Yeah, What are They Good For?
- How to Avoid Those “Who Wore It Best” Moments: A Tutorial on Making the “Hot Pattern” Your Own
- Costume Inspiration: From Idea to Finished Garment
- More DIY Belly Dance: Ghawazee Coat
- Member Benefits: ArtisticEdition
- Special September Discount at Via’s Vintage!
- Blinded By The White: A Guide to Cleaning Your Costume Undies
- Planning a Group Costume Event/Masquerade Entry